….Because sometimes you just need a little pick me up!
Cappuccino Chocolate Chip Bread (Adapted from these)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour + 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup raw sugar (I used coconut!)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup goat milk (vegans can use full-fat coconut milk!)
- 2 tablespoons organic coffee extract or espresso powder
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 “flax egg” (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chip
Preheat oven to 375 F
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine milk and coffee extract, add the butter, flax egg and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Grease or line loaf pan with parchment paper. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for at least five minutes before removing from pan. Enjoy!