Never have I ever… Ate zucchini bread. It’s just always been one of those things I’ve always heard of but never actually tried or attempted to bake for that matter. I decided to make them muffin sized and you guessed it chocolate. (Mildy adapted from Fitsugar’s Cranberry Zucchini Bread) Zucchini’s are full of nutrients such as antioxidants, potassium and folate. The best part is that you don’t even taste the zucchini in it; which means you can trick your picky family members into eating vegetables. Though, I’m not that sneaky… Or am I??
- One medium zucchini
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour (use brown rice flour if you want them to be gluten free!)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large banana
- 2/3 cup agave nectar (1/2 cup granulated sugar)
- 1/2 cup vegetable or coconut oil (for lower fat use 1/4 cup apple sauce 1/4 cup oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Shred one medium zucchini in a food processor or with a hand grater. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices in a separate bowl and set that aside.
- Mash the banana with the agave, oil, and vanilla. Fold in the grated zucchini. Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased or tinned muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Serves a Dozen 🙂